Sensata Technologies Controls Division is currently seeking a creative Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Power Protection engineering team. This position involves the design and development of precision position and pressure switches. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
Detailed Posting Description
- Work with product development teams to impact new design development
- Provide technical leadership in the design and development of precision electromechanical controls (switches, circuit breakers, thermostats and motor protectors)
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Ability to review marketing specifications translating them into engineering specifications and requirements
- Interface with both internal and external customers and utilize their requests and specifications in developing solutions to problems
- Perform Design FMEA’s and assist with Process FMEA’s where required
- Ability to use 3D solid modeling, Solid Works
- Provide direction and leadership to engineers and technicians
- U.S. Citizenship
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 plus years of engineering experience in a high growth, global and innovative environment
- Agile at comprehending emerging technology
- Analytic and effective problem solving skills
- Proven track record of technical performance
- Experience in the design and manufacture of circuit breakers and electromechanical switching mechanisms
- Working knowledge of stamping, forming and injection molding for plastic parts, as well as knowledge of physical properties of materials used for circuit breaker components
- Demonstrated ability to engage in both creative and systemic thinking
- CAD background(SDRC, Solid Works) desired
- Demonstrated creativity in approach to issues
- Innovative, driven, self-directed individual
- Ability to develop unique, differentiated solutions to complex problems
- Must be able to work on simultaneous projects, tasks and programs
- Excellent communication skills for interfacing with other engineering disciplines, customers, suppliers, and vendors to ensure successful development and execution of projects
- Ability to work in a culture which encourages personal accountability and an entrepreneurial way of thinking
- 10% domestic & international travel may be required
Sensata Technologies (NYSE: ST) is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. We help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment. With operations and business centers in 11 countries and sales offices throughout the world, we serve global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
We were founded in Massachusetts in 1916 and, today, we are close to a $2 billion business with over 12,000 employees worldwide, including 800 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative, complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
Sensata is an Equal Opportunity Employer