We are currently seeking experienced Mechanical Design Engineers to work with development teams, suppliers, and customers to define, develop, and launch Sensor products.
In this role, you will have:
- Full ownership of product design and product development.
- Perform design verification on original and/or derivative ideas using analytical and experimental methods.
- Maintaining product documentation (drawings and specifications).
- Preparing, testing and debugging prototypes.
- Ability to clearly present design concepts to customers, managers and peers.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with superiors, peers, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work with other cross-functional teams including process development, quality, marketing, purchasing, etc.
- Ability to develop unique, differentiated solutions to complex problems.
- Desire to work with global teams.
- Ability to meet customers’ demands on schedule and within budget.
- Evidence of participation in team-based project work.
Candidates must possess:
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience as a Design Engineer
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics and heat transfer is a must.
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits, microelectronic assembly, statistical methods, process control fundamentals and product test processes.
- Familiarity with manufacturing methods – welding, brazing, soldering, adhesive bonding, machining, stamping, molding and forming.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment with complex project attributes.
- Ability to use 3D solid modeling – Solid Works preferred
Sensata Technologies (NYSE: ST) is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. We help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment. With operations and business centers in 11 countries and sales offices throughout the world, we serve global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data,telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
We were founded in Massachusetts in 1916 and, today, we are close to a $2 billion business with over 12,000 employees worldwide, including 800 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative, complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
Sensata is an Equal Opportunity Employer